Whether you absolutely love your current job or you are actively looking for a new one, you need to know how to evaluate it correctly. These seven factors determine how well your job fits your life plans and how much you enjoy your work.
- What activity, interest, or hobby do you love spending time doing? If money were no object, how would you choose to spend your time?
Most important values
- What kind of work is the best fit with your character or your code of ethics? What is most important to you? Is there a particular cause or mission you’d like to work towards?
Areas of fascination
- What fields have always interested you? Where is your passion? Follow that and success will most likely follow you.
Favorite people to work with
- What kind of people do you like to work with or spend time with? Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Do you prefer to be a part of a team or an independent contributor?
Preferred working conditions
- What is your favorite work environment? Do you enjoy working with a strict deadline or a more laissez faire pace in the office?
Responsibility and compensation
- How much responsibility and importance are you willing to accept? The idea that more responsibility leads to a higher compensation isn’t true in all cases. However, it’s a useful indicator of the salary range you can expect.
Ideal place to live and work
- Where do you love to spend your life? Are you a city-dweller or do you prefer a mountain retreat?
Evaluating your current role using these seven factors will tell you a lot about where you are in your career. Wherever you find yourself, our team of career experts will always be here to coach, guide, and ensure that you’re getting the absolute best career opportunities available.