Key Account Executive
Jason Russell firstname.lastname@example.org • (913) 742-0213
Key Account Executive & Business Development Manager
Kansas City, MO 64157
Outcome-oriented, growth-focused, and highly dedicated professional with vast experience in several facets of account and sales management, strategic execution, and business development across diverse sectors. Proven success enabling achievement of full business potential and enhanced sales growth through efficient management of high-level accounts. Demonstrated expertise in solution selling as well as developing and executing robust business plans and sales strategies to increase baseline accounts. Articulate and refined communicator with ability to establish strong professional relationships with all levels of management, decision-makers, influencers, and most complex accounts. Bringing exceptional coaching and interpersonal skills to inspire, and technical and business skills to provide superior customer service.
Areas of Expertise
♦ Sales & Account Management
♦ Strategic Planning & Execution
♦ Portfolio Supervision
♦ ♦ ♦
Business Development & Expansion Prospecting & Cold Calling
♦ Team Leadership & Collaboration ♦ Profit & Revenue Growth
♦ Problem Resolution
2021 – Present 2019 – 2021
Staples – Kansas City, MO
Key Account Executive, Print
Account Executive, Print and Marketing
Supervise national accounts headquartered in CO, KS, OK, MO, AR, LA, and MS. Create sales plan aligned with forecasted results in accordance with targeted segment. Ensure complete compliance of company goals and strategies, while acquiring new customers. Perform various key tasks with an aim to maximize revenue and profit by offering exceptional account services. Foster strong professional relationships with various customers to promote company’s core values.
● Gained nation-wide recognition as top performer during 2020 despite economic challenges selling personal protection products such as face masks and hand sanitizers along with winning national sales contest resulting in $1K home office makeover.
● Facilitated selling of promotional products and other print programs across own book of business during 2021 with an aim to retain same revenue figures as in 2019.
● Performed exceptionally and attained 109% growth in accordance with prescribed plan in 2021 with an average of 135% for remaining year.
● Demonstrated outstanding performance and recognized as one of 14 personnel to secure promotion to key account executive position.
● Efficiently managed and led growth of relationships with 27 of largest and most complex print accounts.
● Expedited book of business growth to 106% from 66% during January, final period of the fiscal year.
Bath Fitter – Lenexa, KS 2018 – 2020 Commercial Sales Consultant
Oversaw all aspects associated with prospecting for new commercial business accounts, including hotels/motels, apartment complexes, senior living communities, and housing authorities. Established and maintained strong relationships with key decision makers and influencers in existing accounts. Identified and engaged potential clients along with resolving complex customer issues in a timely and efficient manner. Promoted overall business success by consistently improving sales, utilizing techniques, and strengthening relationships.
● Spearheaded major growth of commercial sales business within only nine months by $175K+ as compared to previous year growth of just $12K.
● Generated 500K in revenue by successfully closing deal with Great Wolf Lodge for entire building.
Page 1 | 2
Halfpricebanners.com – Shawnee, KS 2017 Strategic Accounts Sales Manager
Upheld concurrent responsibility of facilitating development and growth of key customer relationships. Interacted with various customers on daily basis as well as identified and captured profitable business opportunities. Served as main point of contact for assigned accounts.
● Led development and region-wide execution of an overall business plan and sales strategy for implementation within newly formed department.
Office Depot Business Solutions – KS, MO, NE, and IA 2014 – 2016 Solutions Development Manager
Steered management and growth of multi-state territory valued at $4M consisting of new and existing large and major business accounts. Performed various key tasks such as developing strategies and roadmaps and recommending robust solutions to generate business development and growth.
● Maximized baseline accounts from 72% to 100%+ and led consistent growth of territory by collaborating with major account managers, while prospecting.
● Drove and represented $1.2M in net new revenue by closing several new public sector accounts from new K-12 and public sector accounts.
Business Development Manager, Ionia Atlantic – Kansas City, MO 2013 – 2014 Prospected and cold called on retail and restaurant establishments for introduction of company’s line of wine and spirits.
Generated growth of Kansas City market from scratch to $400K in sales within only one year.
Account Executive, FedEx Office – Kansas City, MO 2007 – 2013
Oversaw development of own portfolio comprising of 30 new business accounts and growth to over $1.5M in annual revenue. Collaborated with corporate account managers on enterprise accounts at local and regional offices. Facilitated creation of strategies for growth of rolled out nation-wide accounts.
Education & Credentials
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) (Expected completion date May 2023)
Baker University – Baldwin City, KS
Certificate, Sales Effectiveness – Wilson Learning
Certificate, The Challenger Sale – Corporate Executive Board
Emergency Medical Science/Paramedic – Johnson County Community College
Page 2 | 2