The PPAI Expo is upon us. Haven’t started planning for it? Didn’t get the results you wanted last year? Do not panic! Follow these 8 simple tips and you’ll be on the track for PPAI success!
- Smile! Social media and email won’t help you here. Your smile is your brand. Practice it and use it often!
- Make eye contact. I’ve attended well over 100 product shows. I know I am “hooked” for a conversation when an exhibitor makes eye contact and smiles! Who can resist a friendly face and a smile?
- Act like you really want to be exhibiting. If you or your show staff don’t want to be part of the exhibit team, it shows. Save the time and money and stay home.
- Have a purpose! Use show time to build on friendships and business relationships. Know your top 25 clients and know what you want to discuss with them. Make a personal call to your top 25 the week before the show. Set a time and reason to talk. Probe for homework, quotes and spec samples needs. Your booth should not be a place to sling out catalogs.
- Don’t sit in the corner of your booth checking email! Better yet, forget the chair. I’ve seen hundreds of exhibitors who were relieved that I didn’t stop to see them. Make visitors feel welcome.
- Spring for the padded carpet in your booth. Your clients will stay to talk longer and your feet will thank you at the end of the day.
- Look sharp! Whether you wear a suit, business casual, or jeans and a pressed shirt, dress like you mean business! Impress your clients and be proud of your appearance.
- Stock-up on breath mints and hand sanitizer. You get the idea here.
- Follow-up on your show promises. If you said you would send a sample or spec or special pricing or resolve a problem–you have to deliver!
Have a great show! The PromoPlacement team will see you in Las Vegas!
Want to help an attendee make the most of their PPAI Expo experience? Send them our post on the topic!