Are you planning to attend the PPAI Expo? Make the most of your time (and survive Las Vegas) by following these simple tips.
- Start show preparation at least a month before the event. This is when you call your clients to discuss their marketing calendar and promotional product needs. Your clients’ needs will become your shopping list for the show!
- Set appointments with suppliers to discuss specific client projects. This one-on-one time should be focused, fast-paced, and impactful. Don’t waste time!
- Have manners.
- Don’t block the aisles.
- Don’t interrupt a supplier or sales rep because you’re in a hurry.
- Don’t linger in a booth and dominate a supplier’s time.
- If you’re looking for free stuff to ship home for the kids… really?
- No need to visit every vendor, especially if they visit your office regularly. Look for the suppliers you don’t see often.
- Ask suppliers about their best selling products and hottest markets.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’re going to walk between 5-8 miles!
- Everyone has a saturation point when you just can’t look at another cap, mug or pen. When you hit this point, do yourself a favor and call it a day.
- At times the night club or the craps table may be calling your name. Be prepared to say no (or at least turn in early).
Follow these time-tested tips and you’ll be able to get the most out of any industry trade show. Happy shopping!
Want to help an exhibitor make the most of their PPAI Expo experience? Send them our post on the topic!