What is TalentHQ?
TalentHQ is a hiring platform that aggregates active job seekers in the Promotional Products industry and brings them directly to you. This is your one-stop-shop for adding the best and most experienced talent in the Promotional Products industry to your team.
How does it work?
Browse the TalentHQ for experienced industry professionals who could be a fit for current or future opportunities within your organization. When you identify a professional who could really take your team to the next level, simply complete the form below and submit it to our team. We’ll reach out to discuss how we can best support your search and connect you with the professional. We’ll even help by facilitating the conversation and assist as needed in the hiring process.
How does it benefit you?
TalentHQ showcases the best and brightest talent available in the Promotional Products industry. Finally, motivated, talented, and experienced industry professionals are all in one place! By utilizing this platform during the initial stage of your candidate search you can save on the significant time and effort that goes into finding the right talent for your team.
Professional Senior Import Specialist
I am Senior Import Professional with over 2 decades of experience in development, manufacturing
and distribution of branded promotional products. I have been the key liaison between my companies and all import activity with China and Hong Kong.
- Liaison with Chinese Manufacturers, Customs and Transportation
Promotional goods firm sourcing products from concept to completion.
Senior Import Specialist
Liaison with Chinese Manufacturers:
- Operated as the key liaison for all import activity.
- Communicated daily with Asia counterparts and cross-functional departments to help establish standard operating procedures and timeline management across the organization.
- Monitored the performance of international vendors and maintained relationships with brokers.
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects for import customers including routing, rating, customs entry and other government agency coordination including FCC, FDA, and USDA.
- Worked with brokers to clear goods for entry to the US.
- Concentrated on retention, problem resolution for over 30 clients.
Customs and Transportation:
- Extensive global manufacturing knowledge in landing factors.
- Sourced new factories in conjunction with product development growing factory relationships with international travel to China and Hong Kong.
- Ensured Customs import rules and regulations were in place for both Sea and Land inbound containers.
- Resolved issues with Freight Forwarders impacting the import process.
- Managed negotiations and maintained shipping contracts with Freight Forwarding Companies, -
- Steamship Lines and Trucking Companies.
- Worked with routing freight via Ocean Full Container, Less than Container, and Air Freight.
- Gave comprehensive information to businesspersons regarding the import material process and necessary documentation required.
- Extensive knowledge of creating landed costs including material market cost, currency exchange rates, duty rates by country and product category, trade agreements, freight costs and packaging.
- Responsible for entire order process from Regular T/T payments to purchase orders from China.
- Processed Bi-weekly payroll, A/P, A/R and inventory audit preparation.