Promotional product sales offices are crazy places. They have a unique dynamic that drives the culture, mood and productivity of sales reps and assistants who call the office home. The tone of the office is set by the onsite sales manager, office manager or regional executive who is responsible for providing a productive home for all employees. Unfortunately, intra-office dynamics can develop that detract from productivity and camaraderie of the sales office.
In other words, some offices suck.
Do you work in a dysfunctional office? Here are the 8 warning signs:
- Whispering and gossip between employees
- Closed office doors
- Lack of sales support from your manager
- Staff who say, “That’s not my job!”
- Ideas and creativity are not shared between sales reps
- Flare-ups of overwrought emotions, including anger, tears, frustration and neglect
- Shared office chores aren’t completed because some feel put upon
- There is no sense of common mission or team spirit
You need to be aware of these signs of dysfunction and meet with company management to address your concerns. Ultimately the mission is to serve your clients. If your office isn’t supporting your efforts, you owe it to yourself and your company to change things.
Now a proud member of PPAI
18118 Chesterfield Airport Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005